Search great and classic poems here

Friday, May 21, 2010

Living the Dream Made Forty Years Ago: In Memory of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forty years, forty years ago
A dream was told
For me and for you
Beautiful, equally bold.

My father kept that dream
In his heart, hopeful;
My mother sang the dream
With her lullabies, glorious.

My brothers played the sports
Representing the stars and banner;
My sisters cheered them all
Knowing my brothers a winner

Too, I have a dream now
One day, my father, mother
Brothers and sisters will come
Living this dream, together.

Same dream made and told,
Forty, forty years ago.

2 comments:

  1. Martin Luther King Jr. said;

    Now, I say to you today my friends,
    even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow,
    I still have a dream.
    It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
    I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up
    and live out the true meaning of its creed:
    'We hold these truths to be self-evident,
    that all men are created equal.'

    It is to excuse why we cannot do...but I hope I can use these energies to achieve goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you norikoala bear for this comment. yes, let's gather our energies to achieve goals of equality, peace and empowerment. i hope you keep on visiting this blog.

    ReplyDelete